First Production run of The “Golf Mahal” to be available in February!

Featuring: Golf Mahal

So, I know a lot of you have been waiting a while to get your hands on the bag, but I have finalized the design and bags will be going into production by the beginning of January.  I thought we would be able to expedite this process and get the bags out sooner, but we are just so busy right now that this is not feasible.  I apologize to those whom I told the bag would be available sooner, but I assure you that the wait will be well worth it!  We are a small homegrown company that builds the most durable gear on the market, and because of this our bags are immensely labor intensive.  We have the highest quality standards fo backpacks on the market today both in our construction and inspection of our bags, and are privileged enough to employ Montanans to do so.  Designing the Golf Mahal is only a part of what I do here at the Mystery Ranch as most of my prior experience lies in pre-production, inspection, and finishing of products.  I now also train new employees how to sew and use the other various machines we utilize.  It is through a combination of this experience, as well as over ten years of playing disc golf, that the Golf Mahal was able to come to fruition.  Here is an update on the newly added features, color availability, and general look of the bag you will hopefully soon own.  Hope you dig it.

Side Compartment Full of Discs

Umbrella Slot

Front of Bag with Side Compartments Partially Compressed

Front of Bag with Side Compartments Compressed

Side Compartment Full of Discs

As you can see, the basic design is quite similar to the original, but there are some new tricks as well as some revamped aspects.  As far as outright changes, the bag has been downsized a touch from its original behemoth status, though still retains an ample amount of storage.  It should be noted that the small outermost side pockets are only slightly different from the originals, and are subject to change only slightly from those pictured.  Regardless, they will excel at holding cell phones, keys, snacks and the like and will be outfitted with waterproof zipper as seen here.  The umbrella slot on the side has been improved so as to sit higher over the head while wearing the bag with a deployed umbrella.  I am about 5’9″ and have over a foot of space over my head, so unless you’re over 6’9″ I think you’ll fit comfortably underneath any standard large sized umbrella.   Furthermore, the lid and putter rain fly (aka Darth Vader Mask) now roll up and Velcro closed at the top of the main opening of the bag as promised, and now cups front of the bag eliminating the need for the buckle at the bottom.  With the amount of pockets and shear storage space on the bag, as well as the desire to keep the price of the bag down, I have also eliminated the score card pocket promised in the previous article.  I seriously doubt you will notice.  I’ve included pictures of the finalized model so that you can see how the large side compartments compress , immensely slimming down the width of the bag.  Note that these contain waterproof zippers and you can compress these compartments all the way down or only partially, allowing for a variety of different size combinations.

Front of Bag Fully Loaded

Back of Bag Fully Loaded

The bag will initially come in 2 different colors:  the green and grey as pictured here and a multi-cam camouflage pattern (note this camouflage pattern is pictured on other packs on the website).  Color combinations will change periodically and will most likely include a digital camouflage as well as some brighter colors in the future.  The price will be right around $285, and like all the rest of our packs will include a lifetime warranty.  I will try to keep the blog as up to date as possible, and if you have any specific questions you can email me at levibuckingham@mysteryranch.com.  Thanks for the continued interest and patience – I can’t wait to get you rocking the Golf Mahal!

More Clearance Than Before

This entry was posted in Disc Golf, Mystery Ranch Employees, Stories from the Floor and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

28 Comments

1. Erika M.
    Posted November 3, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Whoa! What a cool & fun new pack Levi! It must have been a blast to design!
    Thank you for being such an awesome teacher of MR sewing techniques too!
    Grins, ~Erika ;D

2. Seth W.
    Posted November 11, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Yeah!! You the Man!!! As a proud owner of a Golf Mahal prototype I can honestly say there is no better Disc Golf bag on the market. Montana Disc Golfers play in conditions and terrain that demand serious gear and this puppy delivers. This bag has been my best friend throughout the year and has pulled me through some of my most trying times on the course. This is more than a bag, its a weapon. Golf is war!! Keep up the good work and thank you so much for your support of Montana Disc Golf!!

3. Jimmy C
    Posted December 4, 2009 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

This bag is so amazing. I cannot wait for this to be available!

4. J.D.
    Posted December 7, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

levi, hi bro I met U @ the USDGC. I was the dude waiting for his wife to show, anyways bro I went back after the tournament hoping to find U but I did not. When the Mahal is available I will be very interested. I’ve tried on many bags but this bad boy is unique. Thanks for all U guys do @ Mystery Ranch keep up the great work…….peace.

5. Dan
    Posted December 10, 2009 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Nice bag.. I’d like it to incorperate your nice frame. I’d like a bag with good waist straps to help get all this weight off my shoulders.

6. Chris Johnson
    Posted December 17, 2009 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

My father is, for all intents and purposes, the World’s Historian on all things Frisbee ( http://www.amazon.com/Frisbee-Practitioners-Manual-Definitive-Treatise/dp/0911104534) and has struggled over the years with various golf carts and such. This pack looks ideal for him, but I am wondering, if you might give some thought as to how it might be integrated with a golf bag hand cart? Not to diminish the value of this fine product, but some of the Seniors are not up to rucking up for a full day, and combining your outstanding bag with a hand cart may be the perfect solutions.

Regardless, I will point him in your direction.

Best regards,

Chris

7. Bobby D
    Posted December 27, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Solid. I hope my name is still on the “First-Run” production… although I’m gonna need a “wilder” design/colors than that to justify three bills. Bob-O needs brighter colors, otherwise I’ll forget somewhere!! haha .. maybe some “80′s Camo” aka “Neon Camo ” .. plaid ?? houndstooth?? something!! that looks way too plain for my taste.

8. matt wright
    Posted February 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

WOW!!!!!!!! That is the coolest bag i have ever seen, please put me on the production list

9. YoDuh
    Posted February 7, 2010 at 6:10 am | Permalink

I need it! I want it! When can I have it?!?!

10. Levi Buckingham
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Glad to see that you’re stoked man! The first run of the Golf Mahals are on the sewing floor as I write this and will be done around the end of the month. There are two colors available; the Green as pictured above and Multi-Cam, a camo pattern that we make some of our other packs in. I will post pictures of a Multi-Cam bag soon, but in the meantime you can look on our site to see what the pattern looks like. On a side note, the second run will include Black with Grey highlights as far as the color scheme is concerned. I am also making a video to show people the many talents of the Golf Mahal. While you’re waiting though, here are the specs on the bag:

Overview:

- LIFETIME WARRANTY
    - Constructed Entirely in Bozeman, MT USA
    - All Materials Coated with Teflon for Water Resistance
    - Constructed of 500 & 1000 Denier Cordura with 500 x 1000 Denier X-Pack on Collapsible Side Compartments
    - Waterproof Uretek Zipper on Side Compartments & Detail Pocket

Futura Yoke System:
    - Small, Medium, and Large Yoke Sizing with Differently Sized & Shaped Shoulder Pads to Fit Varying Torso Sizes & Shapes
    - Telescopic Adjustability of Yokes to Accommodate Any Length Torso

- Partially or Fully Collapse
    - Uretek / Waterproof Zippers
    - Lids Fold Into Umbrella Slot
    - Hydration System Compatible

Putter Pocket:
    - Holds 2; Discs can be Easily Accessed Even With Umbrella/Stool Compressed
    - Compression Straps Pull Umbrella/Stool Off the Ground and to the Front of the Bag
    - Mini-Marker Pocket Holds Any Size Mini

Detail Pockets:
    - Waterproof Uretek Zippers
    - Plenty of Room for Cell Phone, Keys, Pencils, etc.

Water Bottle Pockets:
    - Grometted for Drainage
    - Hold Any Size Bottle (Including Snugly Fitting Smaller Bottles)
    - Wearer Can Easily Access Bottles While Wearing the Bag
    Volume:

Main Compartment: 950 cu-in
    Side Compartment: 325 cu-in each / 650 cu-in combined
    Detail Pocket: 100 cu-in each / 200 cu-in combined
    Total Volume: 1800 cu-in

Dimensions:

Width:
    - Side Compartments Out: 26”
    - Side Compartments Collapsed: 18”
    - Front Only: 8.5”

Height:
    - Front: 11”
    - Back without Yoke: 16.5”
    (Varies greatly with yoke in depending on adjustment to person’s torso length)

General:
    - Side Compartments: 5” x 8”
    - Putter Pocket: 5.5” x 8.5”
    - Mini Pocket: 5” x 4”
    - Water Bottle Pockets: 6” tall
    - Detail Pockets: 4” x 4” x 8”

Weight:

- 4.5 lbs

11. Geoff
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

WHOOOHOOO! I’ve been checking back daily since the new year to read any news! Can’t wait for my NEW BAG!!

12. houston wolfe
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Permalink

hey, i was just wondering wat i have to do to order one of these bad boys.

13. houston wolfe
    Posted February 15, 2010 at 8:18 am | Permalink

hey i was wondering if i can pre order this bag or if i have to wait till it shows up online

14. Levi
    Posted February 15, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

The bags are not available on our website right now, but you can pre-order through our sales office at 406-585-1428. There are only 6 or 7 left from the first run, so the sooner the better!

15. eric b
    Posted February 17, 2010 at 10:06 am | Permalink

one thing I just noticed… you could actually just use the side pockets and putter pockets for discs and then use the main compartment for a bag of ice and some beverages!! ( for those of us in the southern states ) wow!

16. Levi
    Posted February 17, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

$259!!!!!!! We decided to lower the price of the Golf Mahal to $259. So, those of you that have a bag on pre-order will NOT be charged the original price of $285! The first few bags have already come off the sewing floor and the rest are coming at the end of this week. They will be inspected and finished by early next week, hopefully shipping by the end of the week. Thanks for being patient!

Levi

17. houston wolfe
    Posted February 20, 2010 at 12:58 am | Permalink

hey i was wondering if u could get a picture on here of the multicam bag:)

18. Justin Alderman
    Posted February 22, 2010 at 10:00 am | Permalink

I just want to let everyone know that I love my Golf Mahal! This is the best bag I have ever had. I have played in several tournaments since I got my bag and have played in snow and heavy down pours and my discs have stayed dry and had plenty of space to carry my gear for crazy conditions. I promise you will not be disappointed if you get this bag.

19. houston wolfe
    Posted February 23, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

hey i already ordered the multi cam but i was wondering if u could email a picture on it to me soi can see if i would like it better than the green and silver one

20. Ed Schroer
    Posted February 27, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

Weight
    I see it is 4.5 pounds.
    Do you know what the weight of the Yoke system is by itself?
    I am thinking a bunch of the weight comes from there.
    Great looking bag.

21. Levi
    Posted March 1, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

The yoke, including the composite adjuster, only comprises a pound of the 4.5 pounds.

22. Jimmy D
    Posted March 7, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Hey Levi,wazup I met you at our recent Gentlemens Club Challenge here in Vegas.I spoke with you about your golf mahal,I even tried it on and I really love it.Can you please in form me as to when you get the new run of them for sale,myself and my 2 son’s want 1,also what colors will be availabile.
    Thanks so much!
    THEY ARE SUPER HOT!

23. Jeff Harris
    Posted March 9, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

I saw your bag out at the Memorial and wanted to know when you expected them to be ready for sale.

Thanks

24. Geoff
    Posted March 11, 2010 at 7:37 am | Permalink

Got the bag yesterday!

I loaded it up and wore it on my dog walk. Awesome. This is what you need if you are carrying gear on your back. The difference between another backpack model that I own and the Mahal is incredible. This is how we were meant to carry our discs and disc golf implements.

The “disc golf” features also beat out my other bag (which will be sold before the month’s out). EASY access to the discs. A huge putter pocket that comfortably fits two. Two water bottle holders (that’s two more than on my other backpack bag), and perfect size “detail pockets” for my keys and wallet.

I would love to have a break down on the all functions of the bag, though. Maybe a justificaion for different features, and how to use them as they were designed to work. It seems like a lot of thought was put into this wonderful peice of equipment, and I would love to use it to it’s fullest potential. Plus, it helps when I’m bragging to others.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Ottawa, ON
    Canada

25. Cole
    Posted April 20, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

Hey Levi,
    Great bag, just wondering what’s the best way to clean it out? I dumped half of an iced tea in the main compartment today, and evreything’s sticky. Should I just rinse it out in the tub and let it dry, or what? Thanks for your time, and I look forward to meeting you at Zoo Town!
    Cole
    Spokane, WA

• Mark Seacat
      Posted April 26, 2010 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Hey Cole~

Rinse it out in the tub, use a tiny bit of soap, make sure to rinse completely, and dry in the shade! Your pack will be like new!

26. Ryan Conto
    Posted April 5, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Hey Love the bag! I was just woundering if I was to order this bag about how long it would take to get it. if i could get a reply that would be fantastic!