More Golf Mahals Coming from the Mystery Ranch!

MR at the USDGC
Featuring

Here is the skinny for all you Golf Mahalics out there:

We have slated another run of the Golf Mahal to start the end of April. This means that bags will become available, hopefully, by mid-June and shipping by the end of that month.

There are 60 bags coming; 15 each in 4 different colors, 3 of which are new! We will continue to offer the bag in Multicam (a camouflage print made by Crye Precision), and will also offer:

- ACU (a digital camouflage pattern)
- Black with Foliage highlights (Foliage is a grey shade)
- Toxic Green with Foliage highlights

Pictures are included of the Golf Mahal built in ACU, Multicam, and Black/Foliage, but you’ll just have to wait to see the Toxic Avenger of Disc Golf Bags!

Yet again, a pre-order list has been started and names are pouring in. So, with only 15 bags of each color being made, make sure that you order sooner rather than later if a particular color strikes your fancy.

To pre-order all you have to do is call the Sales office at 406-585-1428 and put a credit card on hold. You will not be charged until the bag is shipped.

I want to thank everyone that has given their feedback on the bag. I will continue to incorporate new suggestions and strive to make the best disc golf bag on the market. Hope to see your name on the list!

- Levi Buckingham

This entry was posted in Disc Golf, Mountain Adventure, Mystery Ranch Employees, Mystery Ranch HQ, Stories from the Floor and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

22 Comments

1. Mike McCubbin
    Posted March 20, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Just wondering when we might see the Toxic Avenger bag and what colours it might be? Also, I don’t see any pictures of the black/foliage bag. Do you have any more pictures?

Looking to order as soon as I can see the other bags.

2. Geoff
    Posted March 21, 2010 at 8:35 am | Permalink

The bags are awesome. The best way to carry discs around a course.

Some things that could be incorporated in later models: pencil/Sharpie holer, side pocket (like a back pocket on jeans) without zipper for garbage found on the course, notebook, half eaten bar, etc. But that’s just me being picky. The bag makes me want to get out on the course even more. The best bag I’ve owned, since my Dana Design was stolen from my truck 10 years ago. Brilliant.

I still don’t know how to use the bag to it’s fullest yet. I guess I’ll have to invest some time this week to get to know my Mahal.

Geoff
    Ottawa, Canada

3. Levi
    Posted March 22, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

The Black & Foliage bag is in the main picture underneath the umbrella. These are the only pictures that we have right now – the Toxic (Neon) Green & Foliage bags will not be ready until mid-June, so pictures of those will come then. Hope to see your name on the pre-order list Mike!!!

4. Mike McCubbin
    Posted March 23, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Levi,

I placed my order today and now have to be patient until June. Can’t wait to get this monster bag into action. Thanks for keeping in touch and good luck.

Mike

5. Scott Holter
    Posted March 24, 2010 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Levi,

I wrote you on the PDGA’s web site. I have been taking Frisbee Photograhs for over 25 years and I am very inerested in looking into this bag for the dual purpose of carrying my camera while playing – I am not so worried about no padding b/c I have plenty of Camera bags that have removable padding that can be placed in the main compartment…I would welcome any conversations on this aspect and becoming a new owner of the bag.

Scott Holter PDGA #3560
    I have my shots on the flickr site under the Frisbee Collection…enjoy!

6. Darin
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 5:48 am | Permalink

Levi,

Feedback ont he first run sounds great from everyone. Any changes in the second run other than colors?

7. Christian Dietrich
    Posted April 5, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

I am so excited to hear that another run is coming up! It started to get tough out there on tour telling everyone that
    1. Yes, I do agree with the person that it is the sickest golf bag ever,
    2. No, they could not buy mine off me then and there,
    3. No, the rumor about you testing it by playing golf in Everest’s “death zone” was not true, and
    4. Yes, the first run really has completely sold out :)

8. Levi
    Posted April 13, 2010 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Darin – no changes other than color for the second run (but some very tasty colors at that!).

9. Mike Buchanan
    Posted April 18, 2010 at 12:38 am | Permalink

I like the first bag so well, I will have to order one of the ACU bags.

10. Justin Alderman
    Posted April 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Levi – I love this bag. It is by far the best bag I have ever owned. I played in a heavy downpour yesterday and everything in my bag stayed dry. I have someone ask me about it every time I’m on the course. Oh by the way is that a pic of my bag?

11. Mike McCubbin
    Posted April 30, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Is it June yet! :)

12. Patrick Odenbeck
    Posted May 5, 2010 at 9:54 am | Permalink

The Golf Mahal is now on the Mystery Ranch website!

13. Adrian White
    Posted June 3, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

Just wondering when you think the new bags might be shipping out?

14. Levi
    Posted June 8, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

As the Mystery Ranch has been absolutely swamped lately, production of the bags got pushed back a bit. The bags have been cut out and should hit the sewing floor in the next few weeks. With that said, it will probably be mid-to-late July before the bags are ready, though we will try as hard as we can to get them finished and shipped out to those of you that have bags on order.

The bag went through a bit of a design overhaul between the last production and the one currently in process. To the naked eye the only noticeable difference is the Putter Fly which now has 2 buckles towards the bottom so that the whole Rain Fly system can be latched down. I also changed the angle of the Putter Fly and widened the Zipper Rain Flap so the the entire piece naturally covers the Main Compartment even better than it did before. These particular changes were made as a direct result of user feedback and future changes will be made accordingly. Thanks again and I apologize for the delay – believe me, it will be worth the wait!!!

- Levi

15. Bob Ley
    Posted June 24, 2010 at 10:33 am | Permalink

It was nice to see you in Charleston, SC. I hope you had fun playing Trophy Lakes. It would have been cool if you had my bag, but I can wait. I hope not much longer.

16. PJ
    Posted August 3, 2010 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Hi Levi! What is the current stock situation with Golf Mahals? Any black or toxic green ones available? If not, when will you be making more?

17. Jacob
    Posted September 21, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Well I bought the bag and have put it through it’s paces over the past month or so. I’ve went out and played tournaments in horrible weather and absolutely perfect weather. Thus far….I am thoroughly impressed. The last tournament I had was in pouring rain. I had the umbrella sticking straight up over myself and the bag/discs, rain gear in the side pockets, and towels hiding all over the place. With all of that gear, in addition to 2 water bottles the pack held up perfectly. There were no tears, strains or second guessing if it was going to stand up to the abuse I gave it. In fact, when I was wearing it, it still felt more comfortable than any other pack I’ve worn.

The only drawback thus far is the frustration with taking it off and putting it on. It’s the same problem you have with any backpack bag. It’s designed to fit on your back so you need to (at times) loosen the straps to take it off and then tighten them to put it back on correctly. The benefit with MysteryRanch is the straps tighten and loosen so quickly that it’s no trouble at all. If you have a long walk and you buckle up the waist and chest straps, you are golden as far as comfort goes.

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and wouldn’t change my decision at all. Keep em’ coming!

Jake

18. Ed
    Posted February 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Is it possible to put patches on or embroider the bags? I am thinking in terms of, will it affect the waterproofing, durability, etc…

Looking forward to a production date. Hopefully ship April :)

19. Andre T Hooks
    Posted February 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Man!!!! ordered my black golf mahal about a week ago after a long long wait and indepth reserch in the bags out there, only to come to conlusion that this was THE bag to go with. definatley read all the posts from 2009 to now, which helped me with my descision, and look forward to repin’ “Mystery Ranch” here in canton, ohio while out playin Arboretum/spiker park. much thanx to all who have put their 2 cents in on here it def helps hearing what yall think. still have to wait a couple months till it arrives but will be well worth the wait

20. matt mayfield
    Posted February 28, 2011 at 10:03 am | Permalink

I too ordered the Mahal after extensive research. I didn’t like the idea of spending 80 bucks plus on a bag.
    However, I figured I would if I wanted a bag that would keep up and not start to fray, tear after a season. I finally found the best price on a well-known, reputable bag for 65 bucks. Almost pulled the trigger, then somehow I was led to the Golf Mahal (by the grace of divine intervention, no doubt). The price had me cover my eyes, after much resistance I ever-so slightly gaped my fingers, peaked through and admired her body. After much time I finally pushed up my lower jaw from the floor and actually read about it, inspecting the pics and learning about Mystery Ranch- It then became a no-brainer.

Here are my personal reasons for droppin’ serious clams on a disc golf bag:

-Lifetime Guarantee
    -Mystery Ranch (great company- excellence in craftsmanship; Made in the States and takes care of
    their employees)
    -Hand Made
    -Set up for a hydration system.
    -Storage-I live in a region of four seasons with the occasional volatile storm thus the Mahal’s capability
    of storing weather-related gear (i.e.- rain gear, down vests/sweaters, wind breakers,
    emergency tube tent, snake bite kit, ham radio, zombie/crackhead deterrents)

-Great for those long and/or treacherous terrain courses (hello Diamond X)
    -Dual bottle reserves that are in easy reach while walking.
    -With the larger side compartments I can drop in small dry bags, add ice and beer- voila.
    -Collapsible side compartments for a more slender pack.
    -Conversation piece
    -Will never suffer any symptoms of DGBE-Disc Golf Bag Envy
    -Multi-uses-
    -I am a photographer- I can drop in temporary, removable cushions.
    -With the dynamics of the main compartment, coupled with the smaller ones- this unit will make
    an excellent picnic pack (drop in a small cooler).
    -Perfect as a shopping pack- especially when traveling.
    -Day pack for hiking

Well, that’s my excuse and I am sticking to it.

21. Kent
    Posted March 7, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I just sent my money to the ranch! I only yesterday saw this bag for the first time! The price did make quiver a little, but I have bought a new bag the last two seasons, so if lasts 4-5 years much less a lifetime, which I think it will, it is oath every penny. I will look so pimp with this bag too. Lol no but really I love the fact that it has a real backpack strap setup, the expandable pockets for a rain coat, or lunch or whatever I want. I do wish it had 1 or 2 pencil slots somewhere! Please before you ship em! I think there is plenty of places I could put a scorecard but my little discraft pencil will be lost in the large cavity this bag is.
    I do not really ever shop impulsively, but this product was a instant winner in my mind and I had to have one. So the cons the wait backorder sucks and the pencil thing. That’s all I can see. I am really excited to get mine

THANK YOU MYSTERY RANCH and Levi you guys/gals have hit a home run.

Patiently waiting and freaking out at the sametime think I will have mine by April 15 I’d love to show it off at the Glass Blown Open
    Kent

22. Sean Duggins
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

I received my Golf Mahal the day before a tournament I was throwing at Angelfire resort in NM. My first round with it was the first tourney round and my goodness…. This bag is incredible. I have owned a few other bags before and I must say that it is the best bag conceivable. I am glad I pulled the trigger and got a Mahal instead of the next nearest competitor. I did the math on a custom bag with rhino liner from another company and it was roughly the same price as a Golf Mahal, a bag of significantly better quality and comfort. I carried 25 discs and two water bottles around a mountain all day and by the end of 36 holes, was ready for more. I strongly urge anyone to purchase this bag, I am certain it is worth the money and I am also certain that it is the best. I imagine that Mystery Ranch is certain as well, seeing as how they offer a LIFETIME guarantee and have amazing customer service.
    Thank you everyone @M.R. who had a hand in making these for avid disc golfers!
    I am spreading your gospel one round at a time :)